In response to inappropriate student behaviour, teachers and administrators of our school shall utilize a Reactive Strategy, depending on:
- the level of the behaviour as determined by the school Discipline Plan;
- circumstances of the behaviour;
- the other people involved (students/staff/etc.)
- the environment
- precipitating factors
- special circumstances
- past reactive strategies utilized for this student and
- the frequency of the behaviour;
- the student‘s exceptionality and/or Individual Education Plan (IEP).
Appropriate school response to Level 1 student behaviours (those behaviours which are responded to by the teacher witnessing the behaviour):
Positive approach for Level 1:
- Spend time during break in helping staff maintain discipline
- Write a note of apology to the teacher
- Write an assignment or essay.
- Sitting out during P.E. (Requires Head / Executive coordinator's concurrence)
- Peer mentoring / counseling Model / re-teach the expected behaviour
Appropriate school response to Level 2 student behaviours (student behaviours which are referred to the administration) include strategies listed for Level 1 behaviours, plus:
Positive approach for Level 2:
- self-reflective exercise (isolation within school campus)
- Loss of privileges
- Break detention
- Denial of field trips
- Removal from sports teams (sit out for a match) - (only if the misdemeanours is sports related) Detention
- Behavioral contract / plan
- Referral to school counselor
- In-school suspension
- Out-of-school suspension
- Parents are requested to ensure that their children arrive and leave school punctually.
- Students must have minimum 75 % attendance in each term.
- Parents should make a request for leave in advance only when it is absolutely necessary. Application for leave written by the parent should be addressed to the class teacher of the child's section.
- The school operates on a full attendance policy; however absences due to emergency situations cannot be avoided.
- Students‘ attendance will be declared in the school transfer records to future schools.
- Students and parents should be aware that ―excuses such as oversleeping, missing the bus, or attending social events are not acceptable.
- Students must report to all classes on time.
- Attendance will be taken in the first period.
Procedure to be followed in case of child’s absence:-
- Parents/ guardians should notify the class teacher through the leave record section of the student diary.
- Prior sanction must be sought from the Class Teacher, through a written application, in case of absence exceeding three days.
- Prolonged absence on medical grounds should be supported by a medical certificate.
- Students suffering from contagious or infectious diseases must refrain from attending school until the completion of the quarantine period.
- They will not be permitted to attend school until they produce a medical certificate of fitness.
- If more than 15 minutes late, child should get a note from the parent.
- If the child is found to be consistently late; he/she will be given a warning for the first time and next time he/she will be sent back home after informing the parent.
- No half days are permitted by the school, unless the child is sick.
- Leaving school /campus/sports ground
- Leaving school /campus/sports ground
- At no time a student should leave the school campus /grounds during the school day without the permission of the class teacher/principal.
- Students will be allowed to leave campus / grounds during the school day only on medical emergency.
- In the event of illness, the student will not, however, be released until a parent has been reached and permission is given by the Principal for the student to leave school campus/grounds.
Request of early dismissal of a student
- ● The school does not encourage early dismissal of students. If on a medical emergency, or personal reasons the student will be sent home only with the parent.
Code of Respect for:
- The school property should be handled carefully.
- Students must refrain from defacing and writing on wall, tables or chairs.
- Utmost care must be taken when handling the computers, interactive boards, overhead projectors and air conditioners.
- Any damage done, even by accident must be reported immediately to the class teacher or coordinator.
- Any damage committed willfully or by carelessness will have to be compensated for.
- Care of all classroom property is the responsibility of the students who occupy it.
- The display boards should be well maintained and informative
- Students utilizing the Computer lab are expected to be careful while using the equipment.
- Students should look after their own possessions with utmost care.
- Valuables should not be brought to the school
- The school is not responsible for any loss of valuables or articles such as laptops, books, clothes, money, calculators, snack boxes etc.
Students found to be irresponsible with respect to the above are expected to do a few hours of school community service in order to make them aware of their responsibility or any consequence prescribed by the Head of School.